Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Picture this!







Today started out slow but soon picked up when I got an email from a friend putting me in contact with someone who had a potential part time job offer! And guess what? It involves photography...a hobby I have a deep love for.... yet NO professional schooling! The job is photographing new born babies at a local hospital!

I called, chatted a bit about the basics of the job, explained I had no experience outside harrassing my friends and family from behind the lens. Her response, "not a problem, we train our photograhers. I am the "trainer" for the area, you would be working with me and I meet with my district managers tonight so I should be able to get back with you by next week"

Did God open this door? I mean... He had to right? It happened and I believe He is control of all things but lately I am flooded with doubt about most of my life and the paths before me. So how do I know for sure?

It is part time, only two or three days a week. A commission pay scale based on picture orders or a flat $7 hourly which ever happens to be "less". I wont become wealthy, there is no 401 K deal or incredible insurance to offer me.. but the positives are, I get to capture moments that are cherished for a lifetime, coo and goo at babies while standing amazed of how awesome my God is at creating life! Taking pictures is not a stressful job, the hours are flexible and it is more experience behind a camera.

I never "pictured this" opportunity...what to do?, what to do?....

No comments:

Post a Comment