Monday, January 12, 2009

It starts...

I tend to flood the in boxes of my friends and family with updates on charity work, awareness facts, life happenings, creative ideas and prayer requests that is just to name a few! My emails can get lengthy from time to time and are better described as BLOGS!


Writing/Blogging would be the on thing I do for myself. Not to mention it is very therapeutic...it cleanses the soul!With the excitement of starting a blog page, I began to ponder how my words, thoughts, ideas or just my ramblings could also convey my personality, my likes, hobbies and interest's. Immediately my love for coffee was a starting place. Coffee has a way of finding itself into many aspects of my life. It was my mother's creativity that named my blog and as you can see, coffee has found a place in it!


As I enjoy a cup of java while typing...handfuls of beans came to mind...hmmm, not only is that where a great cup of coffee begins but it will be where my blog begins! Today, my handful of beans, represent B-lessings, E-motions, A-wareness, N-ecessities, S-urrender.


Blessings that are without number. Blessings that I never want to take for granted. Blessings that others don't see with the naked eye because the Lord sprinkles them into my daily walk.


Emotions. I have already experienced a variety today. Fear, appreciation, worry, excitement, doubt, anticipation and joy. Each one had its place in my handful of beans today and will play a necessary role in developing whatever the Lord is brewing.


Awareness. Being still, quiet and aware of the Lord's daily presence. Sometimes the day is so full of "to do lists" and busy-ness that I am unaware of His presence and His will.


Necessities. NEEDS..who doesnt have them? Yet when I take the time to write them down. Look over them, study them and reevaluate them. My needs have been and continue to be met...and therefore multiply my Blessing Beans!


Surrender. Surrendering my will daily is needed in order for me to be aware of just how blessed I am! Surrendering is often just looked at as "giving up" and viewed as a bad thing. However, surrendering my will to the Lord's will is in no way a sign of defeat! It is merely saying, here I am Lord...me and my handful of beans, ready and willing for you to produce the armoa you want from my life.


Now that you have read about my handful of beans for the day. Ponder what your beans represent and how they can be used in God's hand. May it produce an opportunity for you to taste and see that He is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment